Building inclusive communities
WSU CUWiP | 19 Jan 2020
Dr. Sarah Kaiser
QKD receiver satellite
- What is a community?
- What are some examples of communities you are a part of?
- Who's role is it to create inclusive community: institutions, individuals, or something in between?
- Give some example of how exclusion from community might look different for different groups?
- What have been challenges you have seen or faced in making the communities around you inclusive?
- What are some examples of bad practices that communities do to exclude different groups?
- What's something you have learned from the conference so far that you can leverage to make the communities you are in more inclusive?
- How are the challenges different between starting new communities and trying to improve existing ones?
- Why is community important?